Saturday, April 16, 2011

Uptight People

Something has been bothering me lately. It's that people can be so freaking uptight. I just don't understand why other people are so obsessed with controlling the world around them and the people around them. Here's a list of what bothers me about such uptight people.

1. Sexuality. Obviously. But I mean really, why are people so fixated on making sure everyone is heterosexual. It's really not a big deal. So a guy kissed a guy or a girl kissed a girl or a person will kiss both sexes. I mean, does it matter? Are they forcing it on you? Are you in some way being forced into doing that? No? You aren't? Well then, why the fuck are you going to make such a big deal out of it. You can not like it because of your religious beliefs all you want, but you should at least tolerate it enough to let those people be treated equally. Just don't go to their weddings and avoid double dating with them if it bothers you. My goodness, it isn't that huge of a deal.

2. Nudity. I don't know why but people have such a big problem with nudity. I mean honestly, I don't get why people associate nudity with sex. It's not the same unless you make it that way. We come into this world naked, and no one's like "Oh man look at that babies vagina, they need a diaper right this second so that I don't get turned on". Because everyone knows that's wrong. Why isn't it the same as we age? Someone can stand in front of me naked and I'd just sit there and say "Oh their naked. Ok. Cool beans. I'm glad they're that comfortable." it's not a big deal at all. Why make it into one?

3. Language. So what if I say the word fuck a lot? Don't say it if you don't like it, it's really that simple. Unless I'm saying "Fuck you" you shouldn't be taking it offensively in the first place.

4. Music. I just don't understand why you're gonna get pissy about music, and then throw your music at me. I don't like certain types of music, but if you ask me to listen I'll give it a listen. If I don't like it I'll let ya know, but I'm not going to be pissed off at you for showing it to me. Don't jump down about my throat when I show you music if you're going to show me music that you know I probably won't like. That's hypocritical and that annoys the hell out of me.

I just don't get it. People take things so freaking seriously, and I don't see how people can claim to be happy and live their life in love when they're so uptight about everything. No, you aren't happy and you aren't loving if you can't handle all of these things. If these things bug you to where you're going to bitch about them, you aren't happy and you aren't loving. So shut up.

And that's just how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment