Friday, February 18, 2011

Friends

"Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold.
New-made friendships, like new wine,
Age will mellow and refine.
Friendships that have stood the test-
Time and change-are surely best;
Brow may wrinkle, hair grow gray;
Friendship never knows decay.
For 'mid old friends, tried and true,
Once more we our youth renew.
But old friends, alas! may die;
New friends must their place supply.
Cherish friendship in your breast-
New is good, but old is best;
Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold. "


This poem basically describes what my newest blog is going to be about. Friends, obviously from the title. But not only that but the kind of friends I have and the amount of love I have for all of them. I have a semi-small group of friends that I consider very close to me. They all know who they are I do believe. And then obviously I have my BFF Heather. I really have no idea where I would be without them. Some of my darkest moments I've gotten through because they were there. Especially when it comes to me being bullied by one particular person. Every time, they would talk it through with me and be there to help pull me back up from the darkest places I've been. 

It's because of this that I have so much respect for all of them. I will never forget a single one of them no matter where our lives take us. I will always be the shoulder they can cry on. I will never shun them for anything they do. I will be nothing but supportive of them in all of their endeavors. I really hope they know this as well. I don't want any of them to be afraid to come up to me with any problem they're having. Even if it's something I don't agree with, I want them to know that I'm the kind of friend they can come to and let it out and expect to just be comforted regardless of what it is.

However, sadly they are almost all leaving for college this fall and none of them are staying in the area for it. For obvious reasons.  I'm going to miss them all so much, they don't even know. I'll probably end up crying before they leave haha. But oddly enough, and yes I'm going to go completely against what I once stood for here, I think God has put a new group of friends in my life because he knows just as well as I do that there was no way I would have survived this coming fall without good friends. He even decided to one up me and make sure the friends he put there for me were Christians who I should not get along with for the most part AT ALL. Yet somehow, I love them all quite a lot and I haven't even known them that long. It's been maybe 3 months I'd say and I feel like I've known them for years. It's for that reason that I don't think it was just chance that I met these people.

To even go further into that each one of the people in this new group of friends personally has something they offer that is helping me grow in many ways. It ranges everywhere from Laughter to Wisdom. They all have redeeming qualities which are helping me more than I could have imagined. As I talk to each of them personally more and more, I realize exactly who I go to for what kind of problems. I know exactly how each person can help me grow. I don't know that they all acknowledge these things. But I'll be sure to let them know in time. 

I'm just so glad that I have a good group of friends to keep me alive while the ones I love leave for college. I'm proud of all of my friends graduating this year. They've worked their asses off and they deserve the best out of life. This isn't meant to be some soppy "don't leave me here by myself" blog. That would be selfish. I'm damn proud of everyone who is leaving. I wish you all the best in wherever it is you decide to go to. And just know if you ever need me, I'm a phone call away. And if it's big, I have a car to drive in. So don't hesitate.

And to my new friends, I can't wait to spend more time with all of you. Personally and as a group. 2011 is going to be such a great year for growth for me. And i'm glad you guys are going to be there for it. I couldn't ask for anyone better. I really hope you guys realize how much you all mean to me.


                              Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment